Changing the color of a conky could not be easier with a tool like gpick.
Here we start with the end-result to the fact that my webcam had been connected to a wrong usb and had no sound.
Tip : change the webcam from usb to get the microphone to work
We show you the ease and comfort that variety and desktoppr bring to our system.
We figure out what conky is displayed via conkyzen.
We need to know in what folder all the conky’s are kept i.e ~/.config/conky
As extra tip we talk about the fonts and the images folder. You can edit all these .svg logo’s and change their color to match your wallpaper. With inkscape it takes 5 seconds.
Easy way to figure at what variable is orange or green. Change it to FF0000 which is red.
General conky info
A conky will NEVER EVER work on all desktops.
There are just too much differences between all the different window managers.
It will also depend on the software you have installed.
There are two versions of the application called ‘conky’.
- version 1.9 and earlier – old syntax
- version 1.10 and higher – new syntax – LUA (and old syntax)
We install the application conky-lua-archers (1.10) on ArcoLinux
Options to explore when encountering issues :
- own_window_type = ‘desktop’, # options are: normal/override/dock/desktop/panel
- own_window_transparent = true, # options are : true and false
- own_window_argb_visual = true, # options are : true and false
- own_window_argb_value = 0, # options are : 0-255