Install the new Arc themes based on Nico Hoods github with
sudo pacman -S arcolinux-arc-gtk-theme-nico-git
In the past I had a script created to change the blue color of the Arc theme to any color I like – choose one color out of 16.000.000 colors. The script is called Arc-Theme-Colora. It takes you by the hand and guides you till you have a new Arc theme. We do not need the old script.
We created a new github for the maintenance of the Arc themes on ArcoLinux.
There are two major projects:
One is for ArcoLinux users and Arch Linux users aka folder “use-this-for-just-one-theme”
One is for ArcoLinux maintainers – “2-make-all-themes-for-arcolinux.sh” – all themes in 1 go
The scripts in the folder “use-this-for-just-one-theme” was just for warming up.
I wanted to build a script that will create all 23 icon themes. Aqua and Pink are 2 new ones.
We will run this script at a certain interval and we will update our package that way.
Follow the video and the script to get your personal Arc theme.
Remark: rewatching the video it seems I mistyped at the end of the video – I did pacman -S instead of pacman -R and was wondering why Arc theme was still there… It happened. Never mind.
Procedure to make a personal Arc Theme
- Get the scripts from https://github.com/erikdubois/ArcoLinux-Arc-Themes
- Choose a color – example Sardi-Mint-Y-Pink
- script 1 install the software
- script 2 change the color – copy/paste from gpick in the video
- script 3 we use the make install from Nico Hood
- script 4 rename and move the themes
- script 5 reinstall the original Arc theme or just sudo pacman -S arc-gtk-theme
Because we need gnome-shell to build the Arc-theme you will see at your login screen GNOME.
After creation of the Arc themes you can delete gnome-shell again with
sudo pacman -Rs gnome-shell