After writing this tutorial I wanted the AP-Weather conky to be red as well. We are going to change this conky to a different kind of red. The same as in the logo from the other article.
You will need inkscape and gpick to do it.
Follow the tutorial and recolor the conky to match your awesome wallpaper.
Reload the conky if you select it for the first time. This conky works so fast that the information about the weather is not coming fast enough from the net. Restart the conky.
What if you wanted to change the color of the weather icons as well. We will explain how to change the colors of the icons. We will explain how to execute a script the easy way. Replacing the color red with the same red from the logo.
Sometimes file managers like thunar, nautilus, nemo, … need to refresh their images after a script. Press F5.
General conky info
A conky will NEVER EVER work on all desktops.
There are just too much differences between all the different window managers.
It will also depend on the software you have installed.
There are two versions of the application called 'conky'.
- version 1.9 and earlier - old syntax
- version 1.10 and higher - new syntax - LUA (and old syntax)
We install the application conky-lua-archers (1.10) on ArcoLinux
Options to explore when encountering issues :
- own_window_type = 'desktop', # options are: normal/override/dock/desktop/panel
- own_window_transparent = true, # options are : true and false
- own_window_argb_visual = true, # options are : true and false
- own_window_argb_value = 0, # options are : 0-255