Since 6.2.1 Archmerge conky’s come in via a package.
When you update your system with
sudo pacman -Syu or pksyua
or reinstall it with
sudo pacman -S arcolinux-conky-collection-git
you will get the updates in.
They will be saved to this folder.
Then it is up to you to copy/paste the contents of that folder to your own personal folder or not. You might have made something personal. Changed colors and so on. Maybe it is better to use the application meld and see what the difference is between both conky folders.
General conky info
A conky will NEVER EVER work on all desktops.
There are just too much differences between all the different window managers.
It will also depend on the software you have installed.
There are two versions of the application called ‘conky’.
- version 1.9 and earlier – old syntax
- version 1.10 and higher – new syntax – LUA (and old syntax)
We install the application conky-lua-archers (1.10) on ArcoLinux
Options to explore when encountering issues :
- own_window_type = ‘desktop’, # options are: normal/override/dock/desktop/panel
- own_window_transparent = true, # options are : true and false
- own_window_argb_visual = true, # options are : true and false
- own_window_argb_value = 0, # options are : 0-255