This solution is interesting now June 2018 but will be void in the future. Updates for either VirtualBox and or the kernel to solve the freezing issue will be coming soon.
Updating from kernel
4.16.2 to 4.17.2
gives us issues
We suspect the kernel and the Virtualbox additions are no longer compatible and the virtualbox additions need to be updated.
Extra interesting topics in the video
- neofetch issue explained again
- lsb-release fix also explained here
- how to install the linux-lts kernel
- how to get to tty in virtualbox – CTRL + F2 or F3 or …
- how to install the newest kernel again
In the video I say it is a kernel issue… it is more a virtualbox issue. We actually need updates for VirtualBox to be able to work on the latest kernel.
Alternative solution – tested on ArcoLinuxB Openbox
Edit /etc/pacman.conf and add this line
IgnorePkg = linux virtualbox-guest-modules-arch
And then do your updates.