If text and information is falling off from your screen, you have only two options.
- make the font smaller
- delete elements you do not want anyway
There is also a tutorial about the size of the conky and the position of the conky.
General conky info
A conky will NEVER EVER work on all desktops.
There are just too much differences between all the different window managers.
It will also depend on the software you have installed.
There are two versions of the application called ‘conky’.
- version 1.9 and earlier – old syntax
- version 1.10 and higher – new syntax – LUA (and old syntax)
We install the application conky-lua-archers (1.10) on ArcoLinux
Options to explore when encountering issues :
- own_window_type = ‘desktop’, # options are: normal/override/dock/desktop/panel
- own_window_transparent = true, # options are : true and false
- own_window_argb_visual = true, # options are : true and false
- own_window_argb_value = 0, # options are : 0-255